Easter is a time where your little ones get excited about all the treats and adventures of the day, especially with an egg hunt and trying to spot the elusive Easter Bunny. As a parent, there is no doubt that you want to ensure that they enjoy the day without too many sugar highs and without compromising their oral health. What causes oral health problems is not their intake of sugary foods and carbonated drinks in one day, it’s how often they consume them. Therefore it is essential that your little ones oral health is taken care of on a daily basis coupled with regular scheduled visits to the dentist.
Here are a few tips and tricks on how to survive and enjoy the holiday, while maintain your little ones’ oral health:
- Once the Easter egg hunt fun is completed, monitor their intake of sweet treats. Limit treats to after mealtime to ensure their appetite is not ruined before a nutritious meal.
- Make sure that you only give your kids small amounts of sweet treats at a time – they don’t need to eat everything all in one day.
- Water must be your drink of choice especially after every sweet treat.
- Be creative, so sneak in some healthy sweet treat for the kids throughout the day to balance out the good and the bad. For example, make fruit sticks shaped like bunnies covered in sprinkles, kids eat with their eyes.
- At least an hour or two before bedtime make sure they stop eating all sweet treats. This will make bed time a little bit easier – use those hours to burn out their energy.
- Make sure you don’t miss their daily teeth brushing routine twice a day, in the morning and before bed.
- If your kids are 6 years and older alcohol-free mouthwash can be used after they have brushed their teeth as it can flush out any additional bacteria.
So go on, make sure the holiday is special and memorable for your little – one that goes beyond planning an incredible Easter egg hunt!
Now, you can WIN A Philips Sonicare For Kids Toothbrush Worth R799
Brushing your teeth has never been as much fun as with Philips Sonicare for Kids – an electric powered toothbrush with customisable stickers to make each brush uniquely your own.
This Philips Sonicare for kids toothbrush offers maximum plaque removal, using sonic technology that gently and effectively reaches deep between teeth and along the gum-line.
Cool features include: the KidTimer which helps to increase brushing time and helps you ease into a proper routine, KidPacer which delivers a fun and engaging musical tone that encourages you to brush your entire mouth effectively for the dentist’s recommended 2 minutes. Fun interchangeable stickers for customisation, a multi grip design for kids and a rubberised brush head which is designed to protect young teeth, making it the best toothbrush to have for kids!
This fun toothbrush also has an anti-roll shape which offers a sturdy handle design that allows kids to store upright as well as apply toothpaste while the toothbrush is lying flat and 2 kid-friendly power modes – a low mode for younger children and high mode for older kids – delivering a gentle and effective clean. The added benefits of this toothbrush is that it removes 75% more plaque than a children’s manual toothbrush with dynamic cleaning action that drives fluid between teeth. Sonicare for Kids toothbrush is preferred by dental professionals for their own children making the toothbrush a must have!
For kids aged 4 and older.
Please follow the below Rafflecopter steps to enter:
a Rafflecopter giveaway