I am quite an “old-fashioned girl” when it comes to calendars, journals and diaries. There is just something satisfying and a bit more final in putting ink to paper. It is also the only way I can actually rememeber something – writing it down.
I honestly could not go without my diary, my whole life is planned in it. I buy two every single year – an A4 daily diary for work and my trusty MOM diary. I found the MOM diary about 3-years ago while looking for a planner that was beautiful, but also inspiring and practical to use.
I have not looked back since.
The MOM Diary is specially designed by a mom of four boys (Alison Deary) to help mothers balance their personal, household, work and children’s lives. It has a host of features which help mothers to manage their time effectively and every page in the diary has the purpose of being helpful. Besides that, the design is just beautiful and – it is local!!
It is A5 in size and has a hard cover with a soft pleather finish and is available in four different colours. Every page in the diary is included with the intention to help you create some balance and order in your daily life and to help you manage your time. There are so many features, but here are some of my personal favourites:
- A list of South African public holidays (being self-employed I always forget these
- A list of the South African school terms, aslo something I always forget
- A “My Year At A Glance” planning page
- Monthly to-do lists and goals, as well as tick-boxes to track them
- “Month At A Glance” planning pages
- Weekly words of wisdom
- Notes & Doodle pages
- Some kick-ass easy meal recipes
- Monthly cash flow sheets
- Kids extramural activity sheets for each season
- Childhood illnesses and Injection information columns
- Class list pages
- Basic first aid & safety tips
- Amazing information on how to create balance through organisation and goal setting
- A bucket list & wish list section
- A place to jot down gift ideas for people throughout the year (this is brilliant)
- A borrowed and loaned items track sheet
- A birthday calender
- and my personal absolute favourite… a habit tracker!
A lot, right? And those are only my favourites… You would thing that this would cost you hundreds and hundreds of rands, but the MOM Diary retails for only R169,00.
For more information or to buy yours now – visit their website.
NB: This is not a sponsored post, but definately a public service announcement 😉