In case you have not noticed, Mickey Mouse celebrated his 90th birthday this past Sunday (November 18th). Everyone jumped at the chance to honor this beloved little rodent, the world practically came to a halt to congratulate him on his existence. Why? Why is Mickey Mouse so important to us?
Easy… Mickey Mouse is synonymous with our happiest childhood memories, and one of the happiest places on earth: Disneyland and Walt Disney World. You cannot look at Mickey Mouse without feeling a wave of nostalgia wash over you. One of my fondest memories as a child was when I was kept home sick from school. I would lie in my parent’s big bed watching my Mickey Mouse cartoon tapes. It always made me feel a little better, and it is a tradition that is carried on in my house to this day. When the kids are feeling a bit under the weather, outcomes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Hot Dog!
View this post on Instagram
•°•GIVEAWAY•°• On the blog – celebrate @mickeymouse 90th Birthday with us and you can WIN a limited edition dangle charm from @theofficialpandora worth R1999. Hot Dog!!!! I also share some really cool Mickey Mouse facts, and I am pretty sure there is at least one you didn't know about…. Link in bio 🖤 . . Find yours at selected Pandora stores and online, while stocks last . . #sponsored #ad #pandora #DisneyxPANDORA #mickeymouse #Mickey90 #mickeymousebirthday #giveaway #disney #jewellery #charm #instadaily #mousears #cute
Some fun facts about Mickey Mouse…
• Walt initially named Mickey Mouse “Mortimer,” until Walt’s wife, Lily, suggested “Mickey” was a better choice. Because women rule.
• For all the hopeless Disney romantics out there – did you know that the people who voiced Minnie and Mickey Mouse were married in real life? Wayne Allwine was the third person to give Mickey a voice and held the role from 1977 until his death in 2009. Allwine married Russi Taylor, the current voice of Minnie Mouse, in 1991. Taylor has been Minnie’s voice since 1986!
• Mickey Mouse was the first animated character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which was given on his birthday (November 18) in 1978.
• Mickey Mouse was the first cartoon character to ever speak. And what were his first words? “Hot dogs!”
• Mickey Mouse only has four fingers! Walt Disney felt that five fingers resembled a “bunch of bananas.”
Mickey Mouse, without a doubt, deserves to be celebrated after 9-decades of bringing smiles to our faces. Mark the occasion with this limited edition dangle charm, crafted in sterling silver and detailed with his milestone number in 14k gold. Find yours in store, or online while stocks last!
You can win one of these special charms by following the steps in the Gleam widget below.
Happy Birthday, Mickey Mouse! We absolutely adore you.
- Sponsored by Pandora